Welcome

This is a self indulgent blog.
Poems that I have written and other general rants and comments.

Saturday 11 December 2010

Silent Screams.

When I was working with people with disabilities, I spent time working in what was then called 'The special needs unit'.
Well, we all have special needs, some have extra special needs.
The adults that I was working with at the time had extra, extra special needs.
Most were unable to move, eat, tend to their personal needs without assistance from another.


The only time you touch me
Is to take me to the loo,
Or to feed
Or to change me,
Or there's something else to do.

I am waiting very patiently
For a touch that has no reason,
A touch that has no rhyme.
Please just come and cuddle me
Because you have the time.

If I could, I'd come to you.
For all I want and need.
But, as you know,
I have no voice.
I cannot even plead.

Some come and hold me,
Touch me - Do!
Because, as I know,
I cannot come to you.

'95

No comments:

Post a Comment