Welcome

This is a self indulgent blog.
Poems that I have written and other general rants and comments.

Friday 10 December 2010

Mummy Loves our Brother Best.

As I mentioned, My eldest son has learning disabilities. I have 2 other beautiful children.
This is my take on their perspective when they were young, of the whole 'thing'.




She tells me I'm her special girl, 
All a girl should be, 
She tells our Keith he's the son she's longed for
And sits us on her knee.

She's just about to read a rhyme
For about the 5th, 6th, 7th time.....
When - suddenly- up she jumps
And runs like crazy, through the door.
We know it's Robert on the floor.

Or Robert's stripped, or done a pooh,
Or bashed his head on the wall,
Or had a 'fit' or needs the loo,
Or gone upstairs or had a fall.

We want some time with our Mum,
But Robert moves, and then she's gone.
We wait a bit for her return,
But it doesn't take us long to learn
We'll be waiting indefinitely
Before we climb back on her knee.

Later on, she's got some time,
She sits us on her knee
To start again to read the rhyme.
When, suddenly, up she jumps!
It happens all the time.
I think Robert is a pest!
Because Mummy loves our Robert best!




No comments:

Post a Comment