Welcome

This is a self indulgent blog.
Poems that I have written and other general rants and comments.

Saturday 11 December 2010

I Miss You Dad

My Dad was a 'Crafts Man' in his later years.
Dad retired from the Army after 23 three years. 'Civvy Street' was not an easy place for him.
He eventually found his niche as a pyrographer. (Poker worker). This was in his late 50's and early 60's.
In fact, he was the only pyrographer in the whole of England who earned his living this way.
He would go to craft fayres around the country. At week ends, I would join him. (We both enjoyed craft work). One week end, Mum went with him. This was her first week end at the fayres. The plan was to get a motor home, and they would go of every week end. They were both looking forward to it.
At 04.00 on a Saturday morning, Dad complained of indigestion.
He died at 05.00. No warning.



You made the truest sacrifice,
You and Mum together,
To bring me up the best of ways,
No matter what the price.

Whilst you were here amongst us all,
You listened to my fears.
The big ones, the small ones,
You wiped away my tears.

You shared with me my good times,
My fun times and my laughter.
These memories will stay with me
For now and ever after.

Breath of your God has blown on you,
And taken you to stay
In pastures green
And Heaven's blue.
A place that's far away.

I'm standing her with heavy heart,
And full of disbelief,
Remembering you life, our love.
I'm trembling with grief.

You have always been the dearest Dad
And the best friend ever known.
I love you lots
And miss you loads.
Don't leave me on my own.

Over many years, we've been so close,
It's hard to be part.
I know that you'll be with me Dad,
But, still it breaks my heart.

They say that you have not gone far,
To somewhere like the moon,
But just moved on, beyond that door,
Into another room.

I know that you are happy now,
And suffering no pain.
But I would give most anything 
To hold you once again.

As time goes by, I'm sure I'll find
The pain will ebb away,
And be replaced with memories
And in my heart they'll stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment