Welcome

This is a self indulgent blog.
Poems that I have written and other general rants and comments.

Friday 10 December 2010

Seeing Eyes

This one was written when I was working with people with varying disabilities. This one was inspired a young woman who was deafblind from birth, due to her mother having contracted German Measles during pregnancy.


Oh! Good Grief - What is that?
It's my drink.
Not a sign.
Not a word.
In my face!
SPLAT!

Don't just grab me,
Push and shove.
Let me know you're coming.
A gentle touch.
A gentle breath will do.

I sit here worried.
What's coming next?
When will it be?
And, from where?

Put something on the table?
I didn't know!
I moved!
Oh Dear!
And on the floor it goes!

You shout at me for spilling!
You call me dumb and daft!
You're the one who's stupid!
Because I'm blind - you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment